Certified Alexander Technique Teacher
Classical Piano Teacher
- Adv. Diploma of Alexander Technique Teaching
- Teaching Member of The Australian Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (AuSTAT) Inc.
- World Teaching Member of The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT) U.K.
What I love about teaching people the transformative Alexander Technique is that it offers such great rewards in living a well-balanced, well-coordinated life.
Whether physically, mentally, or emotionally, life hurls challenges our way. I work with people to give them the tools they need to respond in a measured, mindful and more effective way.
I teach piano from the same perspective so that students learn how to play with greater confidence and ease, and without the undue tension and strain that can impede a musician’s performance.
- Graduated from the School of F.M. Alexander Studies in Fitzroy North with David Moore (Director) and Jenny Thirtle (Assistant Director)
- Over 20 years experience leading seminars with an international personal and professional growth, training and development company
- Taught from childhood through to her teens by world-renowned concert pianist Jascha Spivakovsky, and more recently by his son, Michael Spivakovsky
Continuing Professional Development
Understanding MS (Multiple Sclerosis), Menzies Institute for Medical Research & the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre, Univ. of TAS
Advanced Online Teacher Training, with Penelope Easten
Online Teacher Training, with Penelope Easten
Breath of Life and Movement, 3-Day Workshop with Pamela Blanc, Senior Teacher of Jessica Wolf’s ‘Art of Breathing’